Thursday 31 December 2009

TIME


Look out he's behind you!


Oh, no he isn't... Is he?


Is this Oscar Windsor-Smith as he once was? Or is this his next regeneration? Be afraid… (Etc., etc)


Time. What is it? Where does it go? To be sure, it's not what we think it is.


Like countless others here in the UK, on Christmas Eve I watched the first half of the final episode of Doctor Who with David Tennant as The Doctor. That was fine. My problems began with the trailer for the second half, due to be broadcast on New Year's Day. It seems that the Time Lords are returning from the dead. In teaser shots we saw disturbing images – disturbing, that is, to me – relating as they do to a period that I refer to, in my quaint old-fashioned way, as my past. The above pic is the damning evidence.


IMPORTANT NOTES: All the items illustrated above are genuine and employed with the full knowledge and cooperation of the Gallifrey General Council. Be aware that Daleks can go down and up, as well as along. Oscar would like to thank the manufacturers of Botox in anticipation of his next regeneration. No Daleks were hurt in the making of this post.


HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010 *


* Year of Get Writing 2010, Verulam Writers' Circle 's greatest ever conference, GW10.

Book now, because VWC's time reversal service remains unreliable pending the next software upgrade, due in January 1942.


AND FINALLY - A time link to ease you through to the next decade, here.





9 comments:

  1. Help! Windsor-Smith has joined the blogosphere. Run for the hills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jon and Cathy. And thanks to you both... I think. ;)

    Happy 2010

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to more pics of the gorgeous pouting Windsor-Smith in this space :)
    Welcome to the blogosphere, Oscar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Appearances can be misleading, sir. I think you may be misinterpreting something here, young Gordon, or perhaps confusing me with an illustrious namesake? - whose wit I can only aspire to but whose proclivities I do not share. Sorry if this comes as a disappointment ;)
    Thanks for the welcome, mate.
    Oscar

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think a full explanation of that picture is required ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Certainly, Kevin. How long have you got? It relates to a time far longer ago than I care to admit, when I was a member of a terrific organisation called Round Table, which raises finds for local charities. We had an event that was to be opened by the then Dr Who, Tom Baker (That gives the game away), and by devious means we talked the BBC into providing us with a number of genuine Dr Who props, including a Dalek, and Tardis. As the then chairman, I was stitched up to look a prime pillock in the Time Lord costume at a publicity stunt in the local town. It was worth it, though. Loads of people attended. Loads of cash was raised. Thanks for your interest. Cheers. Oscar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And there was me, thinking you were an actor on the set. So your autograph isn't worth anything yet, then???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indeed, my siggie is worth zilch even on a cheque (or check, depending upon where you are).

    Thank you though for that subtle, but empowering, word 'yet', Kevin. We writers need all the optimism we can muster.

    Oscar

    ReplyDelete